SEISMIQUE IS LOOKING FOR TALENTED ARTISTS!
Seismique (seis • mick) is looking for artists to submit proposals for unique design elements to fill out up to 40 different galaxies (areas) spread across 40,000 square feet of permanent art museum space on Houston’s west side. 10 to 12 of the galaxies (areas) will be reserved for local artists. Seismique will be located at 2306 South Highway 6 when it opens this fall.
We are looking for artists who create interactive environments, immersive experiences, and a place for art to be enjoyed with those experiencing it. Additionally, submissions must be space and intergalactic themed to continue with the Seismique design. Please submit your proposal if you are excited to work with Seismique under these expectations.
- Artist Pay
- Granted in increments of $2,500, $5,000, $10,000 and $15,000
- Pay is dependent on the quality of work submitted and the ultimate area in which the artwork is placed
- Cost of Materials for the art will be funded by Seismique
- Extensive Artist Exposure
- Each artist’s name, artwork, and description for commissioned room will be displayed for all visitors to see at Seismique
- Marketing / Awareness Opportunities
- Chosen artists will have the opportunity to be promoted via Seismique’s marketing and public relations channels
- Social Media
- Chosen artists will have their name and artwork promoted via Seismique’s social media platforms
- The rooms themselves will create buzz and awareness from posts by Seismique visitors
- Web Presence
- A section of the Seismique website will be set aside for commissioned artists
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out the contact form on this webpage.
- After submitting proposal on this webpage, you will receive an email from [email protected] that will contain a link that will direct you to insert any supporting files (up to 25GB per file) for your submission.
- Supply an artistic rendering of your design (drawing, animated video, digital image, etc.) to Seismique by dropping your files in the folder from the link supplied in the submission confirmation email
- Assume a room of 15′ x 20′ for the artistic rendering
- Application deadline is March 1st, 2020
- After this date, Seismique will continue to review proposals, but preference will be given to those who submitted by the March 1st deadline
- For any questions about the call to artists program or submission process, please email [email protected].
**You must submit all supporting files for your proposal via the folder link you will receive from the submission confirmation email. If you don’t receive a confirmation email shortly after submitting your application, email us at [email protected].
The files submitted will have a naming convention of: